The Commissioning Specialist is responsible for the assembly, ongoing maintenance, and reporting functions for building Commissioning services on projects and buildings of moderate size or complexity.
- Manage Commissioning projects as directed, including projects and buildings of moderate size or complexity.
- Function as the owner advocate and provide excellent Commissioning services and project management.
- Prepare, document, and report Commissioning data for all projects that are delivered to the department.
- Contact external clients and obtain information such as design, product, schedule and contact information.
- Assemble, tabulate and report field data collected as part of the Commissioning process.
- Develop repeatable, scalable systems to enable efficient processing of data and reporting on future projects.
- Create and update checklists, procedures on tasks relating to the duties of this position as requested.
- Attend job sites to verify installation meets design intent, and collect critical information and data and report results in a value added, insightful manner.
- Manage time commitments and forecast requirements to meet individual contract assignments without cost overruns.
- Provide assistance with preparation of proposals, fee letters, and additional service requests.
- Manage and control filing system for projects, reports and correspondence, including confidential/sensitive materials.
- Enforce and adhere to the codes of the company’s Mission. Raise the company’s profile within the community and company.
- Assist the team lead in the Commissioning process.
- Provide troubleshooting and diagnostic support on a variety of projects.
- For building audits and infrastructure assessments, work with Owner’s personnel, architects and/or engineers to survey sites/facilities and verify/assess condition and operation of equipment and systems, and provide comprehensive reports.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATION
- Minimum three (3) years of Commissioning experience.
- Graduate of technical college and or university program is required.
- Excellent project management, superior reporting and presentation skills.
- Excellent Computer Skills (MS office package minimum).
- Knowledge of building codes and standards, LEED, and ASHRAE.
- Advanced database development knowledge for effectively collecting and reporting information.
- Ability to write clearly, accurately and concisely.
- Demonstrate ability to handle confidential information.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and superior organizational ability.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction.
- Must work well under pressure with multiple demands and projects.
- Must be able to prioritize objectives in order to meet project schedules.
- Experience in developing and delivering programs and data collection systems.
- Experience with meeting project schedules and time allocations.
- Experience in an Engineering environment an asset.
- A fundamental knowledge of HVAC&R systems is required.
- Required to travel in the GTA, throughout Ontario, and out of Province at job sites as required.
- Must be able to access mechanical services and restricted access areas
- Must be able to attend construction sites
- Experience in the Nuclear industry is considered an asset
- Currently possess or are able to obtain a government security clearance.
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with job title in subject line.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.